Monday, January 30, 2017

2017 classes

Hi Rhea and Chanko,
 I hope you are enjoying new year! Yay! Sorry for the late notice.
 We are going to start classes from February. Are you excited? :)



 I realized that Sunday evening is not the best time to hang out since you guys sometimes still have homework to finish before Monday. And I have been very busy at work making Coco. :) What is Coco? https://moviepilot.com/posts/3988044

 For now, we will meet in this blog and communicate in the blog. I have to emphasize "good communication" again. :) We are going to have a weekly lectures and assignments.


 And..... more exciting news! I will have  reports send out to you and your parents. So you know where you are in the schedule.

My goal is not to give you tons of work and stress you out. I want you learn joy of art, and art of healing when you work on art.

 Also, I want you to learn how to manage your hours and goals. I know you want to learn computer skills and animation. Yes, they are exciting! However, you also need to build your foundation strongly to move forward. Both of you still need to master proportion, line of action and visual story telling. When young children try to learn how to type on keyboard before they learn how to write with pencil in their hands, we all know it is not going to work very well.

 I will introduce basic animation and computer skills. Also , I will try to balance foundation and advance skills.

 You have to work on assignments on your pace. So please manage your hours and plan accordingly. I will remind you, our plans and goals as we go.


 Please feel free to ask any time. Please comment and post as much as possible. ;)


Happy new year! and looking forward to seeing you soon.
 Spring session is from Feb- April.
No summer session, enjoy your summer vacation & camps.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you~~~ I'm excited for February. I'll try to incorporate more art into my life~~ haha I'm still learning how to manage my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhea, I saw your orange paintings from Ms.Chae Teacher. Amazing!!!! I am so happy that you met a great teacher who can lead you to right path. Thank you for beautiful painting. I made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yeah I really like her! You're an amazing teacher too~~~ Can't wait to get started in February!!!

    ReplyDelete